Friday 4 January 2013

Take a walk on the wild side

Rosy cheeked, relaxed, happy girls after a lovely afternoon at Forest School.  Got me thinking about re-grounding, re-connecting to the deeper being/entity/source of all things/energy.  Call it what you will, for me there's an amazing energy out there and being inside just seems to cut me off from it.  Being immersed in woodland, with a fire burning, leaves underfoot - I feel reconnected.

I ran last night too - my first barefoot run for ages and it was wonderful. Felt amazing to be able to get out (combination of reasons why not - holidays, not wanting to ask for help (I MUST learn my lessons on this one - working on it!), bad weather and busy with work) and just made me realise how good for me running barefoot is. Again.  There is something much purer, lighter, boundier about it - I love it!

(Sure I must just mention not to run barefoot without building up gradually - I spend most of my time when I'm in the house barefoot and in summer walk outside a lot shoe-less so doing a quick 2 mile run felt fine.  Do build up slowly though as you're using muscles you don't usually when running in regular training shoes.  There's lots of info and advice out there to assist with this.)

Time to swim now - here comes a mile in the pool (will be missing the great outdoors... visualising mountains and maybe Canada's glorious Lake Louise's turquoise splendour - although not it's glacial temperature).

Happy grounding people.

No comments:

Post a Comment